Best of Summer Tournament
NCAA (approval pending)
Travel Teams Only
Four (4) Game Guarantee
Nine (9) Games Possible
National High School Rules
Top Nationally Rated Teams
17U Division Teams
16U Division Teams
15U Division Teams
2018 REGISTRATION NOT OPEN YET.
The American Sports Centers (25 courts)
1500 S. Anaheim Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
Please be advised that all AAU COACHES must check-in prior to the start of their first game. Check-In will start on Wednesday, July 25th at 5pm at the American Sports Centers. VALID GOVERNMENT-ISSUED I.D. REQUIRED.
NO COACHES CHECK-IN ON TUESDAY.
AAU Coaches Check-In – 5pm.
Games will begin at 5pm on all courts. Last games will start at 8:30pm.
(games every 1 hour and 10 minutes)
Games on Thursday and Friday will begin at 9:00am on all courts. Last games will start at 8:40pm. – SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Games will begin at 9:00am on all courts. Last games on Saturday will start at 2:40pm
(games every 1 hour and 10 minutes) – SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
*Schedule subject to change pending number of registered teams. We recommend downloading the Double Pump app on your iPhone or Android device to stay updated on any changes (enter “Double Pump Basketball” in the search window).
PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TRAVEL TIME TO ARRIVE AT YOUR GAMES EARLY. DO NOT BE LATE TO YOUR GAMES. FORFEIT RULES WILL APPLY.
NOTE: During Peak travel times between 6:00am to 9:00am and 3:00pm to 8:00pm freeway traffic will be slow.
$750.00 entry fee (+ 2.9% processing fee for credit card payments)
2018 REGISTRATION NOT OPEN YET.
June 1, 2018 or until filled.
Travel Team Coaches & Players - Important!
NEW CERTIFICATION PROCEDURES (updated 2/1/18) – The NCAA Enforcement Certification Approvals Group (“ECAG”) has implemented a new certification process for travel team coaches and players. It is the responsibility of the coaches to be familiar with the new guidelines and to ensure that teams are in compliance. Event Operators are required to abide by the NCAA ECAG guidelines in order to maintain their certification. To help guide you, we recommend clicking on the hyperlinks below for more information.
DON’T WAIT! Start the certification process early and allow up to 3 weeks to complete all of the requirements. Here’s what you need to do:
- Coaches must obtain their USA Basketball Gold License which includes the mandatory background check. NOTE: coaches who created an account in the 2016- 17 season may use the same login but they must renew their account and not create a new one.
- Coaches must create an account in the ECAG Basketball Certification System (“BBCS”). NOTE: coaches should renew their previously created account and not create a new one. This is done by logging in to their existing account and updating the information on their profile rather than selecting the “Register as a New User” button. You will not be able to create or renew an account until you’ve obtained your license.
- All Prospective Student-Athletes (“PSAs”) must create an Athlete User Account in BBCS and watch the mandatory educational videos. If a PSA does not create an account and watch the mandatory videos, he is not eligible to participate in any NCAA-certified event and cannot be added to any roster.
- All Teams must adhere to the Adjoining State Rule before finalizing any roster.
- For more information, download the NCAA ECAG MANUAL and refer to the “Basketball Certification” section starting on Page 11. You’ll find step-by-step instructions on: (i) Obtaining your USA Basketball Gold License; How to Create a BBCS account; and Bench Creation and Roster Creation.
- Visit the NCAA Basketball Certification site for more information.
College Coaches Only
Recruiting packets will be available at 5pm on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at the American Sports Centers only. Cost of the packet is posted on the NCAA website at www.ncaa.org/basketballcertification
WEDNESDAY – $15.00 ALL DAY
THURSDAY – $15.00 ALL DAY
FRIDAY – $15.00 ALL DAY
SATURDAY – $15.00 ALL DAY
NOTE: The parking prices listed below are determined by the American Sports Centers. These prices are subject to change.
$20.00 per day (ASC Main Lot)
The American Sports Centers will offer a limited number of parking spaces directly in front of the entrance for $15.00/day. In addition, parking spaces in the rear of the building accessible from Anaheim Blvd. are $15.00. Gates will open one hour prior to the start of the event.
OVERFLOW PARKING on Claudina Way – $10.00 per day (Saturday & Sunday)
ASC OVERFLOW PARKING – 1631 S. Claudina Way, Anaheim 92805
From the corner of Katella and Anaheim: Turn North on Claudina Way and proceed to the end of the cul-de-sac.
From the front of the ASC: Turn right out of the ASC parking lot onto Cerritos Ave.
Turn right on Lewis Street
Turn right on Katella Avenue
Turn right on Anaheim Way followed by an immediate right on Claudina Way
Proceed to the end of the cul-de-sac.
Attendants will be available to assist you.
The Anaheim Market Place (North of ASC) offers parking in its private lot MOST weekends for $15.00. Neither ASC, SCVA, nor any other group affiliated with ASC benefits from this paid parking. Please use the crosswalk if you choose to park in this lot.
DO NOT park in the business parking lots to the South and to the West of ASC. Business owners have cars towed each weekend. Street parking along Cerritos (West of Anaheim Blvd.) is legal.
Air Travel Information
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Los Angeles, CA
Long Beach Airport (LGB)
Long Beach, CA
John Wayne Airport (SNA)
Orange County, CA
Double Pump has teamed up with GET Sports Travel for all of your travel needs, including:
- Air Travel (into Los Angeles International Airport, Long Beach Airport, and John Wayne Orange County Airport)
- Rental Cars (with all major brands located at the above airports)
- Discounted Tournament Hotels (in Anaheim, Garden Grove, Cerritos and Surrounding Areas)
- Discounted Local Attractions (Disneyland® Resort Parks, Knott’s Berry Farm and Universal Studios)
- New MVP Offers (discounted meals, activities and shopping)
Please call them at 888-877-4445 ext. 3 or visit their website.
National High School Federation rules will be followed with the few exceptions listed below: (Updated 11/30/17)
- Each player will be allowed a total of six (6) fouls before being disqualified.
- All games will be played in two (2) sixteen (16) minute halves. Overtime is in 2 minute periods.
- There will be a two (2) minute break between halves.
- Teams will be allowed to call two (2) full timeouts and one thirty (30) second timeout during the regulation game. One additional thirty (30) second timeout is added for each overtime session.
- There will be a minimum of a three (3) minute warm-up period between games.
- No game will begin before the time listed on the official game schedule.
- Players are allowed to play for one team only. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- IMPORTANT: NCAA rule stipulates that NO PLAYER can play in more than three (3) games in one day and no more than five (5) games in a rolling 2-day period. The first team a player plays for is his official team. If a player plays for more than one team, he will be “flagged” by Tournament staff. If he is at risk of violating this NCAA rule, he will not be allowed to play the game that will put him in violation. Failure to comply can result in a forfeit.
- All players must have high school eligibility remaining or going into their first year of prep school. Any violation will result in forfeiture of games.
- All players must be legal residents of the state in which their team is located or be a legal resident of a geographical adjoining state. No more than three (3) players from adjoining states may be on a team’s roster. Any violation will result in forfeiture of games.
- In pool play, the team listed first is the home team and will wear light colored jerseys. In bracket play, the home team is listed first in the game numbers schedule and will wear light colored jerseys.
- Final pool standings are determined by win-loss records within the same pool. Tie breaking procedures are: 1) Head to head competition in a two way tie 2) Point differential in all pool games with a maximum of fifteen (15); (10) for a forfeit. 3) Defensive points allowed in all pool games. Once the highest place team is determined by the process above the sequence is repeated one step at a time, beginning with win-loss record, until all places are determined. If all categories do not determine the order of finish, a coin toss is utilized as a final step.
- It is a forfeit game if a team does not have five (5) players present within five (5) minutes after the scheduled start time of any game.
Contact us at doublepumpevents[at]gmail.com or at (424) 262-PUMP.